[iyonix-support] Re: First view of ROM 5.13

  • From: Peter Dowson <p_dowson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:38:36 +1000

In article <4ebf02a744asg@xxxxxxxxxx>,
   Peter Burt <asg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <ab5ffabe4e.acld75@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    george <george.greenfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I've been using !HID for over a month now and I find it doesn't affect
> > shutdowns at all on my machine (X100, 5.12). However, seemingly it
> > does prevent !DPingScan from interfacing with my scanner (an Epson
> > 1660). With !HID loaded, either the machine freezes, necessitating a
> > Ctrl-Break restart, or I get a 'scanner not found' message. Running
> > !USBKick has no effect on this behaviour. Like Gary, I find the extra
> > functionality conferred by !HID hard to do without, so I just have to
> > remember to quit it before using the scanner.

> > George

> I am using same scanner & HID as George. Classic, 5.13 - same problem,
> but no probs on shutdown.

I was using the same scanner for two years with several rom images up to
5.11 also running Hid for keyboard and mouse control of my Logitech usb
setup since purchase of the Iyonix, never had the scanner lockup except
with one rom version early on and hardly had any shut down problems except
the odd program crash.