[iyonix-support] Re: Problem installing Firefox-2-r2

  • From: Peter Naulls <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 16:03:36 -0800

In message <097a87be4e.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> comp.sys.acorn.apps is probably your best bet.
>
> Part of the problem here is that /this/ thread seems to be running, with
> many of the same protagonists, here, in csaa and on Archive on Line.  It
> would be much more helpful if people could stick to a single (correct)
> location, and would save a lot of duplication.

Perhaps, but I'm not personally an AoL member, and when I was, my
presense there wasn't very well received, since I kept posting facts.
While clearly csa.apps is obviously "more correct", at the very least,
members of this list have given some conviction to their support of RISC
OS with purchase of a relatively expensive piece of hardware, and csa is
increasingly full of trolls who haven't.

In message <c71986be4e.Andrew Pin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So to save confusion, and to ensure that this list remains on topic,
> where should ordinary users report Firefox problems?

I would hope you've read the help which asks you to _not_ send such
reports.  There really isn't much I can do with 100 emails from people
telling me that they cannot start it, and reporting the same issue.
It's unlikely you could tell me anything I didn't know, unless I've
specifically asked for some information from an individual.

--
Peter Naulls - peter@xxxxxxxxxx        | http://www.chocky.org/
RISC OS Community Wiki - add your own content   | http://www.riscos.info/---