[iyonix-support] Re: Problem installing Firefox-2-r2

  • From: Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:15:54 +0000 (GMT)

In article <5c6fd9be4e.peter@xxxxxxxxxx>,
   Peter Naulls <peter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[Snip]

> Instead now we have documentation which has been made seperately from the
> developer, contains inaccuraries, is likely to become out of date (for
> the bits which are correct), and only adds to the general confusion.
> Another own goal for RISC OS.   Am I annoyed - yes.  And I get to look
> like a big monster for pointing out serious problems that RISC OS has,
> but Paul looks like a hero for providing a flawed short-term fix that
> looks like (but isn't) the right thing to do.

I still don't understand what you're getting at!

Please be clearer as to what's incorrect about my article and I can amend
it accordingly if necessary.

I think I was replying to a different email to which you thought I was,
because I've not snipped any important parts of anything. I was replying to
message b3448abe4e.peter@xxxxxxxxxx in which you were saying you weren't a
member of AoL.

If we look back at your previous message (87c075be4e.peter@xxxxxxxxxx) then
again you don't clarify much. Merely stating that the "firefox installation
comes from the diversity of shared components that are required to run it"
and "there clearly is an issue with the profile handling in Firefox"
doesn't explain what exactly needs to be done to rectify this.

You really ought to learn to write more succinctly, without going into a
rant, about which I have no clue.

Anyway, this is getting more and more off topic for Iyonix support so I'd
suggest taking it to csa.apps or private email - something I'd have thought
you might have done anyway if you had a problem with anything I wrote!

--
List replies: Email address IS genuine, include -nospam

Quality Internet, Domain Registration & Hosting - www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/
Life, the Universe, RISC OS Help and Everything - www.vigay.com/