[iyonix-support] Re: Problem installing Firefox-2-r2

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 09:58:15 GMT

In message of 6 Mar, tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Tennant Stuart) wrote:

<snip>

> Firstly, I've seen nothing in any prior documentation about needing
> ELFloader, nor does the program complain that it's missing.
> Nevertheless, I've downloaded and installed the specified module - and
> it makes no difference whatsoever.

Check that your Firefox application has a date in the filer window of 26
Dec 2006.  If your filer display is Large or Small icons, you have to do
Menu on the application then Info.  If you don't have this date, you
won't have the right Help file either.

Do Menu on Firefox and select Help.

Go to line 72 and there are a few lines on ELFLoader.

Further there is a line in the Run file which checks for the presence of
ELFLoader so if you did not have it beforehand, you should have seen an
error message.   You may in fact have downloaded it earlier and not
remembered.  Or it may be that you have the wrong or an incomplete
version of Firefox.

Or it could be something very different!

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/