[iyonix-support] Re: Problem installing Firefox-2-r2

  • From: Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 09:32:01 +0000 (GMT)

In article <2454166.239395-tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Tennant Stuart <tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Firstly, I've seen nothing in any prior documentation about needing
> ELFloader, nor does the program complain that it's missing. Nevertheless,
> I've downloaded and installed the specified module - and it makes no
> difference whatsoever.

Mention of ELFLoader was in the original !Help file with Firefox.

> BTW, describing the !Boot.Choices.Boot directory as the Boot:Choices
> directory is not helpful to users who need their hands holding, and
> nothing is working.

I've now corrected that. I used Boot: to point to a generic Boot path, just
in case anyone had changed anything, but I can see that might lead to
confusion. Thanks for commenting.

> Secondly, I'd already done the profiles thingie thanks to advice on this
> list; since that doesn't work I hoped yours would be better, but yours is
> empty.

The reason it's empty is that Firefox should create a default set of
choices in the directory when it's first run. It does on the machines I've
experimented on. However, I've amended my article slightly to include a
full save of the choices, just in case it doesn't get created automatically.

> Thirdly, the example you give of Firefox starting up is too tiny to read
> even on a 22" monitor, and converting & enlarging the PNG just makes it
> blurry.

You don't really need to read the initial certificate window on my article
- it was more for diagramatic purposes to show what appears. However, I've
amended this slightly and you can now click on the image to see a fullsize
version.

Anyway, this is getting *really* off topic now, so I suggest people take it
to csa.apps instead of the Iyonix list. I would but I can't see a way of
setting followups from a mail posting to a newsgroup in Pluto.

Paul

--
List replies: Email address IS genuine, include -nospam

Quality Internet, Domain Registration & Hosting - www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/