[iyonix-support] Re: Problem installing Firefox-2-r2

  • From: MrJTGibbs <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 20:26:03 GMT

In message <0b65e5bc4e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <2e4bd9bc4e.trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           MrJTGibbs <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> firefox-2-iyonix-r1 would load but seriously unstable.
>> firefox-2-r2 will not load at all.
>> Immediately after clicking on the unzipped icon I get a perpetually
>> running short page of code.
>
> Yes, that is a known problem. Firefox2-r2 needs its choices set up
> properly. One way to do it is to run Firefox2-r1 and copy its choices
> across from UnixHome (used by r1 to store its choices) to Choices: (as
> used by r2). It think this is described in the documentation.

> Martin

Thanks Martin, but I fear I am seriously out of my depth here, and
haven't found appropriate documentation.
There is a !UnixHome directory in !Boot.Resources
When I open it I find I haven't a clue what to do next.
It contains a 'home' directory containing lots of stuff. But no
Choices directory.
I expect you are suggesting that I drop something from there into
!Boot.Choices
Trouble is I am not fluent in computer speak!

--
Trevor Gibbs