[iyonix-support] Re: Problem installing Firefox-2-r2

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 18:47:02 GMT

In message <b75066be4e.peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Naulls <peter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> For such an apparently important application, there's been desperately
> few people wanting to be involved in actual development, and what
> development there has been has been the brunt of endless critisism and
> lack of funding.
Speaking off topic:

Peter, I'm sure I'm not alone in being saddened by the news that
Firefox development has not attracted a lot of funding. I have
contributed 3 lots myself, once for Firefox 1.5 and twice for Version2
but not sought to get my mine added to the project mailing list.
Though paying by bank transfer doesn't make it easy for enclosing your
email address.

> As it happens under the current status quo, the real fix will have to
> wait until I find sufficient enthusiasm and time to address it.  This
> particular thing has probably only contributed to my apathy.

[snip]

I have helped a few people get it going and at least one has
contributed because once they have it working they see how good an
application it is.

> This list is intended for project contributors only.  Please don't try
> and subscribe.  See here instead:
>
> http://www.riscos.info/index.php/Donations

I would urge everyone who wants RISC OS to move forward to donate,
Peter deserves our support for this important project.

Any way better stop as this is off topic

--
Using a Iyonix PC and RISC OS 5.13, the thinking persons alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.