[iyonix-support] Re: Problem installing Firefox-2-r2

  • From: charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 14:49:52 +0000 (GMT)

In article <5c6fd9be4e.peter@xxxxxxxxxx>,
   Peter Naulls <peter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am I annoyed - yes.  And I get to look like a big monster for pointing
> out serious problems that RISC OS has, but Paul looks like a hero for
> providing a flawed short-term fix that looks like (but isn't) the right
> thing to do.

But the alternative is for people to get frustrated because they can't get
Firefox to work.  This gives the whole porting project a bad name.

And if it (Firefox) can't be made to function properly without a whole lot
more work being done, why bother to release it in the first place?

--
From KT24 - in "Leafy Surrey"

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11