-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help,bluescreen yikes

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 22:45:27 -0400

Cristy,
    Well, let's cut to the chase.  did you specifically tell them you wanted
a single stick of memory added to your computer?  If you did, then you are
the one ultimately responsible for the result.

    On the other hand, if you were the manager, wouldn't you want your techs
giving out proper advice?  Especially if they're supposed to be protecting a
famous brand like "Geek Squad".  Better yet, if that advice leads to the
sale of 2GB instead of just 1 (mo' money, mo' money), doesn't it make sense
that the policy would be in favor of that?

    I would definitely not pull the new memory.  For one thing, you want the
manager to have a chance to see the direct results of their installation
skillz.  For another, opening the case yourself might give them a way out of
at least refunding you for the erroneous RAM purchase.

    According to your own post, this was the original order for the 3
sticks.

Channel A DIMM 0  256 mg

Channel B  DIMM 0 256 mg

Channel B DIMM 1 512 mb