[openbeos] Re: Haiku Compatible badge (again)

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 20:47:13 +0200 CEST

Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2007-05-25 at 18:57:22 [+0200], Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx
> >
> wrote:
> > <http://www.yellowbites.com/stuff/HAIKU_COMPATIBLE_logo_01.png>
> > <http://www.yellowbites.com/stuff/HAIKU_COMPATIBLE_logo_02.png>
> > <http://www.yellowbites.com/stuff/HAIKU_COMPATIBLE_logo_03.png>
> > <http://www.yellowbites.com/stuff/HAIKU_COMPATIBLE_logo_04.png>
> > <http://www.yellowbites.com/stuff/HAIKU_COMPATIBLE_logo_05.png>
> > <http://www.yellowbites.com/stuff/HAIKU_COMPATIBLE_logo_06.png>
> > Critique welcome.
> I like 2 best -- simple elegance. 6 and 5 have quite some charm, too,
> though the colors might indeed be a bit aggressive. In number 3 the
> contrast of the leaf is a bit too low, IMHO.

While I think 3 looks best in itself, it's probably not a good
candidate because of the low contrast; 1 is a bit too subtle and fine
for a logo. I don't like the deviation of the leaf in no 6. And while
the colors in 5 are indeed strong, it's actually my favourite (being
the Haiku colors and all shiny).
I am not sure if I like the rounded lower edges in 2, at least it looks
a bit random. But a monochrome logo like this does look good, too.

> Regarding the alignment of "compatible" in 1 - 3, Jan is right.
> There're
> two more pixels space to the left. I also agree, that the "HAIKU"
> letter
> spacing looks a bit weird.

Absolutely :-)

Bye,