[openbeos] Re: Haiku Compatible badge (again)

  • From: ar1000@xxxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 15:26:36 -0400

I am not going to have this debate with you because I can see that you do not and are not interested in grasping the fundamental ideas, motivating factors, and principles of good design. I invite you to throw something together using your three step process and I, or someone else will put it on the Wiki page as Waldemar previously said, but I ask that you not distrupt the process by belittling the efforts that Meanwhile, myself, and others are making.

Austin

On May 22, 2007, at 3:17 PM, Thom Holwerda wrote:

On May 22, 2007, at 9:04 PM, ar1000@xxxxxxx wrote:

This is the same thing as saying, "instead of Haiku, lets just pay for lots of CD's with BeOS on it".

No, it's like saying: things need not be complicated. The Haiku logo is well recognised, so there is absolutely no need *at all* for designing a completely new logo *just* for this badge. My three step design process in this case will indeed suffice.

Thats now how creating an operating system works, and your three steps is not how creating a successful mark works.

You are not creating an OS. You are creating a Haiku compatible badge.

Thom Holwerda