[openbeos] Re: Haiku Compatible badge (again)

  • From: "Niklas Nisbeth" <noisetonepause@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 00:36:55 +0200

Re: Meanwhile's logo -

I don't like the text on top of the leaf, the earlier iterations are
better IMO. Also, I would prefer rounded corners.

I think the colour scheme is a little too techish, and far removed
from what Haiku will look like. A black, bold face font a la title
bars, on default-desktop-blue background with a yellow leaf would be
the obvious choices, I reckon.

Love,
Niklas

On 5/22/07, Donovan Schulteis <deej575@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It's not that much different.  The user community in the Be world was
always very helpful... but there was always the "this way is better
than that" - "The Be Way" - attitude, IMHO.  Be was oft told by users
things that were "needed" for the success of the OS.  3rd party devs
hearing about certain obscure features that are "absolutely needed" -
by one person alone, or not hearing any feedback whatsoever, are
things nothing new.

Now, with things out of Be, Inc's hands and into the community's, and
the OS development mailing list in the public, it's just amplified.
Large OS development companies, I'll assume, have the same types of
conversations, debates and falling outs, along with the "should be
this way"s... it's just internal and not in the public's eyes.  ;)

DJ