[openbeos] Re: Haiku Compatible badge (again)

  • From: Thom Holwerda <slakje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 20:55:14 +0200

Ehum, guys, aren't we overanalysing a bit here?

1) Take the existing Haiku logo.
2) Smash "compatible" underneath it in a font used in the Haiku project.
3) The end.

I don't see why this is taking more than 2, maybe 3 emails.

Thom Holwerda

On May 22, 2007, at 8:36 PM, ar1000@xxxxxxx wrote:

Meanwhile, you are right The file that I uploaded wouldn't "size" properly, but the text would be sized appropropriatly for use — like a 16x16 icon vs a 512x512 icon (sizing vs. scaling). That aside, the critique of your design is somewhat irrelevant to the critique of mine (and vice versa) — we aren't comparing for a choice until we have a set of final drafts that are competing, until then, lets not compete, especially in critique. And, without sounding rude, there are certain components of design that are simply not taste, they are right or wrong. This is hard for a lot of people to accept, but in the first couple of weeks of my design education, everyone had to — its important for growth. That is not to say that everything is that way, but proper use of type, balance, composition, etc is right/wrong. Style, mood, and story are up to "taste" to some degree though.

- Austin

From: "Meanwhile -" <meanwhile@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [openbeos] Haiku Compatible badge (again)
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 20:36:38 +0800

Here's what I made of it:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~rrvvww/HC/HaikuCompatibleX.png

And some efforts that led to it:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~rrvvww/HC/

-Meanwhile

(Couldn't add this to the existing thread as that was already
removed from my inbox, sorry...)

Latest and final version:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~rrvvww/HC/HaikuCompatibleX3.png

-Meanwhile

Personal tastes aside, I just wanted to make a badge that doesn't take up more than a quarter of a CD box's surface, because your design doesn't let itself be scaled down without becoming illegible.

-Meanwhile

=