[openbeos] Re: Haiku Compatible badge (again)

  • From: "Euan Kirkhope" <euan.kirkhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 19:50:20 +0100

On 22/05/07, ar1000@xxxxxxx <ar1000@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Meanwhile, you are right The file that I uploaded wouldn't "size"
properly, but the text would be sized appropropriatly for use — like
a 16x16 icon vs a 512x512 icon (sizing vs. scaling). That aside, the
critique of your design is somewhat irrelevant to the critique of
mine (and vice versa) — we aren't comparing for a choice until we
have a set of final drafts that are competing, until then, lets not
compete, especially in critique. And, without sounding rude, there
are certain components of design that are simply not taste, they are
right or wrong. This is hard for a lot of people to accept, but in
the first couple of weeks of my design education, everyone had to —
its important for growth. That is not to say that everything is that
way, but proper use of type, balance, composition, etc is right/
wrong. Style, mood, and story are up to "taste" to some degree though.

- Austin

On May 22, 2007, at 2:27 PM, Meanwhile - wrote:

> [...]

+1 for Austin sorry, for same reasons as above.  It just looks better. :)