[openbeos] Re: Haiku Compatible badge (again)

  • From: ar1000@xxxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 14:07:49 -0400

Meanwhile,

I am going to provide critique because it seems as though you prompted it, don't be upset or insulted, being detached is a very important part of accepting critique. Design isn't art, it must be able to stand without you standing with it. If you are a designer or you already know a critique works, that disregard my warning, I just don't want to come off as mean.

I must say that I am not I fan. This artifact looks like a signature you would find at the end of a forum post, not something that would ship on a CD or be put on the about page of a website. It isn't striking, is too difficult to read and is very, "staccato" in feel — its not pleasant enough. Also, your use of type doesn't convey a feeling that this badge should. Right now it is saying "I am computer generated, and for some reason some of me is K-on-W and some is W-on- K, also I am techie-ish". Also, its an odd aspect ratio for a badge.

- Austin