[openbeos] Re: Haiku Compatible badge (again)

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej575@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 14:52:22 -0600

It's not that much different.  The user community in the Be world was
always very helpful... but there was always the "this way is better
than that" - "The Be Way" - attitude, IMHO.  Be was oft told by users
things that were "needed" for the success of the OS.  3rd party devs
hearing about certain obscure features that are "absolutely needed" -
by one person alone, or not hearing any feedback whatsoever, are
things nothing new.

Now, with things out of Be, Inc's hands and into the community's, and
the OS development mailing list in the public, it's just amplified.
Large OS development companies, I'll assume, have the same types of
conversations, debates and falling outs, along with the "should be
this way"s... it's just internal and not in the public's eyes.  ;)

DJ

On 5/22/07, Waldemar Kornewald <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/22/07, ar1000@xxxxxxx <ar1000@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am not going to have this debate with you because I can see that
> you do not and are not interested in grasping the fundamental ideas,
> motivating factors, and principles of good design. I invite you to
> throw something together using your three step process and I, or
> someone else will put it on the Wiki page as Waldemar previously
> said, but I ask that you not distrupt the process by belittling the
> efforts that Meanwhile, myself, and others are making.
>
> Austin

What happened to us? Do we all have to be so irritable? This community
used to be so nice and now people are relentlessly shouting at each
other. If I didn't know better I'd fear that we're in the process of
falling apart. Oh yeah, I'm over-exaggerating.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald