[openbeos] Re: Haiku Compatible badge (again)

  • From: Karl vom Dorff <karl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 15:56:59 -0400

Thanks, I didn't know that.

Microsoft and Apple conduct extensive and expensive usability studies researching how the appearance of logos, icons, default colour templates, etc. affect the image and usability of their company and operating system; and take these things very seriously I'm sure (How did a leaf get picked anyways?? That would make a good FAQ lol).

Obviously we don't have that money to spend, but before any more big decisions like this are made, I'd like to suggest a public opinion poll right on Haiku's site with a couple of compatibility icons. Much like how the icon set was chosen.

On 25-May-07, at 3:28 PM, Urias McCullough wrote:

On 5/25/07, Karl vom Dorff <karl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think Haiku needs a mascot. An animal of some sort, to spice up the
logo. Looks kind of boring.

Hrm.

This was beaten to death in the forums countless times over the years:

http://haiku-os.org/search/node/mascot