[openbeos] Re: Haiku Compatible badge (again)

  • From: "Ivan Vodopiviz" <merkoth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 15:16:15 -0300

I'm afraid I must agree with Austin, I didn't comment earlier in fear of
sounding too mean and/or discouraging, but I agree with pretty much
everything Austin pointed out.

You might try using vector graphics instead of raster, pixel-art style, to
ensure that your badge will print the same no matter the size.

But don't let this let you down, keep enhancing it :D

Cheers,

On 5/22/07, ar1000@xxxxxxx <ar1000@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Meanwhile,

        I am going to provide critique because it seems as though you
prompted it, don't be upset or insulted, being detached is a very
important part of accepting critique. Design isn't art, it must be
able to stand without you standing with it. If you are a designer or
you already know a critique works, that disregard my warning, I just
don't want to come off as mean.

I must say that I am not I fan. This artifact looks like a signature
you would find at the end of a forum post, not something that would
ship on a CD or be put on the about page of a website. It isn't
striking, is too difficult to read and is very, "staccato" in feel —
its not pleasant enough. Also, your use of type doesn't convey a
feeling that this badge should. Right now it is saying "I am computer
generated, and for some reason some of me is K-on-W and some is W-on-
K, also I am techie-ish". Also, its an odd aspect ratio for a badge.

- Austin

--
BlueSteel | | Merkoth