Re: [ARMini-support] Is it possible to get the correct time

  • From: Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 16:49:06 +0100

In message <54abf4449ejcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 on 29 Mar 2015 Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <22baf2ab54.Andrew-Pin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Andrew Pinder
> <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> It looks like it can correct time pretty quickly on a poll interval of
>> 15 minutes.

> It looks as if the system aims to 'counter' the detected setting error over
> one poll interval. That would make sense for a system whilst left on since
> each subsequent correction of the rate is to the 'soft' clock which has
> already been given the earlier corrections. To test this, you/others could
> experiment with different poll intervals.

> It looks like your hard clock drifted by about 0.378 sec in about 226 mins.
> That seems consistent with what I get with my machine's hardware clock
> which drifts by a second or two per day.

I shut down at 13:25 and restarted at 16:41 - 196 minutes later - and
found it was 1.240 s slow instead of 0.104 s slow.  That's a change of
1.136 s.  I suspect another relevant factor is the battery level.
It's currently down at 2.490 V so may not be maintaining the system
time when the machine is off.

Regards

Andrew
--