Re: [ARMini-support] Is it possible to get the correct time

  • From: "Alan P Dawes" <alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 07:46:52 -0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 25 March, 2015 8:49 pm, Harriet Bazley wrote:
> On 25 Mar 2015 as I do recall,
>           Alan P Dawes wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> there is something seriously wrong with your battery
>> and it needs replacing as it should hold a high enough charge to
>> maintain
>> the clock even if it has been left off for quite a number of weeks.
>
> My experience is that it takes about a week with the machine powered
> continuously to raise the battery level to the recommended 3.1V, and that
> with normal usage (a few hours per day) the charge drops down below this
> level within another week: in the long term the computer simply isn't
> powered up for long enough to recharge.    It's possible that the battery
> arrived deficient;  we assumed that the computer had been designed to be
> kept permanently on 'stand-by' and resorted to using NetTime to maintain
> the
> clock instead.

That's reminded me that I found a similar problem when I fitted the
battery to my beagleboard. I configured the battery charge rate to a
higher value and despite warnings from others on this group it has been
fine since. I'm in France at the moment so have no access to my BB to find
what setting I used. Before I fitted the battery I configured !Alarm to
run at start up with the date on the icon bar which I check is giving the
correct year before running anything else.

Alan