Re: [ARMini-support] Is it possible to get the correct time

  • From: Barry Smith <baz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 12:59:26 GMT

In message <d7d789a854.Andrew-Pin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Andrew Pinder <Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Time and date box does have a "Set manually" option at the top.
> It does what it says "on the tin".  "Try" part way down under "Set
> from the network" appears to mean "Try to set the time from the
> network".  The adjacent box appears to give the result of the most
> recent attempt to set the time from the network.  So "busy" must mean
> it tried and failed because something, possibly the time server, was
> busy.  If it is successful it will say something like "Sync 1356s ago"

Mine initially just says 'sync success', but if you click on it again
(from Boot, Configuration, Time and Date' it gives a 'x' seconds ago
message.

Currently 10 seconds fast. Armed with the information about clock
speed (rather than clock setting) I'll see how it performs over the
next couple of days.

Barry
--
www.g4iat.co.uk    Using an ARMiniX with RISC OS 5.21 SP7b (21-Apr-14)