Re: [ARMini-support] Is it possible to get the correct time

  • From: Harriet Bazley <harriet.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 20:49:00 GMT

On 25 Mar 2015 as I do recall,
          Alan P Dawes wrote:

[snip]

> there is something seriously wrong with your battery
> and it needs replacing as it should hold a high enough charge to maintain
> the clock even if it has been left off for quite a number of weeks.

My experience is that it takes about a week with the machine powered
continuously to raise the battery level to the recommended 3.1V, and that
with normal usage (a few hours per day) the charge drops down below this
level within another week: in the long term the computer simply isn't
powered up for long enough to recharge.    It's possible that the battery
arrived deficient;  we assumed that the computer had been designed to be
kept permanently on 'stand-by' and resorted to using NetTime to maintain the
clock instead.

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

The purpose of rules is to make you think before you break them.