Re: [ARMini-support] Is it possible to get the correct time

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 13:40:51 +0100

In article <22baf2ab54.Andrew-Pin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Andrew Pinder
<Andrew.Pinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It looks like it can correct time pretty quickly on a poll interval of
> 15 minutes.

It looks as if the system aims to 'counter' the detected setting error over
one poll interval. That would make sense for a system whilst left on since
each subsequent correction of the rate is to the 'soft' clock which has
already been given the earlier corrections. To test this, you/others could
experiment with different poll intervals.

It looks like your hard clock drifted by about 0.378 sec in about 226 mins.
That seems consistent with what I get with my machine's hardware clock
which drifts by a second or two per day.

Jim