[iyonix-support] Re: Flashed it now, but ...

  • From: Julie <julie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 12:36:48 +0000 (GMT)

On 01 Feb, Alex Cessford <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <eb9465e250.jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > <74c563e250.Orpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           Alex Cessford  wrote:

> >> I may unintentionally annoy people, my technical ignorance, (and
> >> self-confessed lack of interest in technical matters), may quite
> >> understandably irritate technophiles,

> > Alex, you are not doing yourself any favours.

> > You may have no interest in technical matters, but it is neither
> > politic nor polite to mention it when asking for technical assistance.

> > John

> Hi John,
> Thank you for this comment. It is entirely fair and I fully accept it.

> It is interesting what form different people's perceptions take of
> what is said. As I imply, I totally agree with what you say.

<snip>

> It never occurred to me for a moment that this intention could be
> alternatively interpreted as impolite or otherwise inappropriate to
> said experts. I most certainly would not have said it had I seen it in
> the light that you have kindly shed upon my comments. - I wouldn't
> dare! My Mum, though deceased five years ago, would still come back
> and smack my hands if I was ever deliberately rude to anyone!

At the risk of prolonging this into something well and truly OT, I
have to say that Alex has my sympathy.  I have said and done things
myself which have got me into exactly the same difficulties that John
mentions, intending one thing and being perceived as another, usually
rather more offensive. This mis-communication has plagued me all my
life and I could not work out what I was doing wrong. Then, about 18
months ago, I was found to have Asperger's Syndrome - which explains
everything!

I do not say or imply that Alex is also Aspie, BTW..  (See, I'm
learning ;-)  )

OK I'll stop there, before the SPBP complain.

Julie