[iyonix-support] Re: Flashed it now, but ...

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:08:21 GMT

In message <589557e250.Orpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alex Cessford <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> I have no idea where to begin to try and locate the error. I am not
> even slightly technical. Before replying here, the only thing I could
> think to do was to look once more at PreDesktop, which I've just done.
> I can't see anything there that makes any sense to me. The only reason
> I was able to spot the original 'bad' line was because it referred to
> running the softload and I had seen in replies to my previous postings
> that I should make sure that I removed softload before flashing.

No it didn't refer to the 516 softload as you stated it was for a 514
softload so please be specific and clear on what you have been
finding.

The flash of 516 went with out pain here as it has for many others
though appreciate that you seem to have difficulties with it as well
as the 514 softload in June 09 you had as well, so it seems that
something is perhaps specific to your machine and !Boot function etc

>> 'UniServeFS' .. not personally familiar with this, but presume its
>> part of !Uniprint or similar.. In any case, it is the disc load that
>> is complaining.. this is NOT a rom based item.
> I would presume the same - but that's all it is, a presumption - I
> wouldn't know for sure at all.

[snip]

So as Bernard has also asked what is in your Boot/Predesk directory
prior to the Configure directory?

Doug
--
Using an IYONIX pc and RISC OS 5.16, the thinking person's alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.