[iyonix-support] Re: Flashed it now, but ...

  • From: Alex Cessford <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:39:26 GMT

In message <499c4be250.Bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Bernard Veasey <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <b8e94ae250.Orpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Alex Cessford <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Ok, now flashed to 5.16.

>> All seems fine but small hiccup.

>> I have very carefully recorded all messages, etc, in case I need to
>> re-tell them. Hopefully I won't.

>> So, short version:
>> Task Manager Info now says 5.16
>> I am using a Digimate 19" flatscreen. The display is huge.
>> Checked Display Manager, results as follows:
>>     Colours:    256     (menu all greyed-out)
>>     Resolution: 640x480 (drop-down menu button doesn't respond)
>>     Frame Rate  Unknown (drop-down menu button doesn't respond)

> I would say something in your !Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk
> has gone wrong before it reaches: !Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk.Configure
> Open the PreDesk folder and tell us what is there before 'Configure'.

> Bernard
Bernard, I am so very grateful for your near-instant response. Thank
you so much.
Ok, I've attached PreDesk. However, whilst being strictly
non-technical, I think I might have spotted the problem. The last line
reads:
| Put other things which need setting up here.
|RMEnsure UtilityModule 5.14 Run
!Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk.Softload.go514
|End

So am I right that this instruction to run Softload.go514 should be
deleted? I *did* ensure that I removed Softload itself from !Boot
before I re-flashed.

--
Alex.