[iyonix-support] Re: Flashed it now, but ...

  • From: John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:26:35 GMT

In message <34f864e250.Orpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alex Cessford <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> With no intention of being picky or pedantic, John, just accurate in
> case it matters, the error message is not UniprintFS it is UniServeFS
> Does that make any difference?
> Whatever, I *do* understand what you are saying about !Printers
> referring to Uniprint. What still puzzles me is that while !Printers
> might well complain as you describe *after* I had temporarily removed
> !Uniprint from Choices.Boot.PreDesk at your suggestion, why would it
> so complain *before* I had shifted it - because it, (or something
> else?), certainly did.
!Uniprint loads the UniServeFS module,if its not being run at boot it
will not be loaded.

If we are still expecting some thing in Predesk to be at fault, if I
was tackling this I would remove all the files not normally part of
the basic predesk and see if this gets a normal Bootup.

In your predesk that would be !PDFmkr,!Uniprint, Aemulor, DiskSetup,
JetDirect, lprDriver, MiscSetup, UnplugTbox, WinpSA, ~SetupMineMap,
WinSetup.

(aside) I dont think UnplugTbox was ever intended to be in Predesk.

You may get errors upon bootup from Apps using some of these, Buit if
you boot to your normal desktop, you can replace them one at a time
until it fails to Boot, then replace all but the one stopping bootup,

John

--
John Sandford   West Herts   UK

Hemel Hempstead RISC OS User Group email info@xxxxxxxxx