[iyonix-support] Re: Flashed it now, but ...

  • From: Alex Cessford <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 16:30:51 GMT

In message <50e24ec7b4srevill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          "Steve (ROOL)" <srevill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 31 Jan, Alex Cessford <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Ok, I've attached PreDesk. However, whilst being strictly
>> non-technical, I think I might have spotted the problem. The last line
>> reads:
>> | Put other things which need setting up here.
>> |RMEnsure UtilityModule 5.14 Run
>> !Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk.Softload.go514
>> |End
>>
>> So am I right that this instruction to run Softload.go514 should be
>> deleted?

> Yes. That is broken in multiple ways:

> * first of all, someone added that by hand - it doesn't look like anything
>   which installing the official softload would have done
That is very strange. I don't dare contradict your statement that
someone has added that by hand, but who? Certainly not me - I have no
idea about such things and would neither know to, or dare mess with
stuff like this, and I am the only user of this machine. The only
thing I can come up with is that by way of trying to be supportive, I
paid £5 for the 5.14 CD at Wakefield last year and have vague memories
of having a bit of trouble trying to use it when I got home, so I just
gave up, happy to 'lose' the £5 to ROOL to help them. I am sure that
this isn't remotely likely to be the cause but I can't think of
anything else.
> * secondly, the full line looks like it has been split over two lines - the
>   RMEnsure line should be the _same_ line at the !Boot.Choices... bit!
When you say the line is split, I presume you mean the copy of it in
my previous reply. That is just the way that MessengerPro has
reproduced it when I dragged/dropped it in from the file as being
displayed by StrongED. The line in StrongED was all in one continuous
line.

> * third, you don't need to be doing either of those because 5.16 post-dates
>   the 5.14 release by about a year now

> So my advice is to delete both of those lines completely so they don't cause
> any problems in future.
I'm not entirely clear about what you are referring to when you say
'both' the lines. I've deleted the REMEnsure line and the END line,
(see amended copy attached). Have I got it right or not, please?

Thank you very much for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

--
Alex.