[iyonix-support] Re: Flashed it now, but ...

  • From: Alex Cessford <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 16:20:29 GMT

In message <4B65A5D7.104@xxxxxxxxxx>
          John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
> you've spotted it..
> command returning error as softload not there .. hence boot sequence stops
> hence remove that offending line
> JB
> John Ballance C.Eng MIET - jwb@xxxxxxxxxx - 07976 295923
Hi John, thanks for helping me.
Unfortunately, this cure has not worked!
After reading your reply, I suddenly noticed that this offending line
should *not* (as far as my limited knowledge goes), have made any
difference - because it was REM-ed out with a |
I deleted it anyway, re-saved it, checked that the re-save had
resulted in the file now being minus that line, then re-booted.
Result - no change. Display still huge, Display Manager cannot be
altered.

By the way, the re-boot process reminded me of the other hiccup that I
forgot to mention the first time:
After the Iyonix RO5 splash banner, I get  ERROR: Filename
'UniServeFS' not recognised. and a Cancel button only offered. I duly
cancel and after a short, but quite significant pause, it proceeds to
the desktop.
Now what, please?

--
Alex.