[iyonix-support] Re: Flashed it now, but ...

  • From: Alex Cessford <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:40:43 GMT

In message <4B65DC08.1000301@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Naulls <peter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Alex Cessford wrote:
>>
> [snip more nothings]

>> If you have any other advice I'd gratefully receive it.

> It's already long since been given.  You've create a whirlwind
> of drama, made multiple replies on the same topic, and endlessly
> gotten worked up of issues of your own making.
Ok, I'm not normally given to indulging in irrelevant replies, but
you've just gone one step too far Peter. It is now 8:03pm - *six*
hours after I completed the 4-minute flashing operation, and no
further on at all, (with the exception of John Sandford's kind albeit
temporary fix to get my screen down to a proper size for viewing. I
guess your programming work requires extreme patience for much longer
than six hours, but for me, a mere user who can't get his machine back
into a proper state after almost continuous for that length of time,
my patience is now wearing extremely thin indeed. Can you not
appreciate and understand that? And to then receive the comments you
make here is just so unkind and insensitive it's not true.

I am very well aware of your tremendous technical ability and superb
contributions to our small computer platform, (porting FireFox being
an especially notable example of course). I am equally highly
*appreciative* of all that you do and have done. Your present comments
achieve nothing more than to tarnish the high regard I had for you.

> Since Jan 1st, just how many posts have you made to this list?
> Even today, the number must be at least 10, and 2 more as
> I type this.  It's no wonder you're confused - you are obfuscating
> a small number of real issues for many many invented ones of your
> own.
How many posts? Oh, there's a limit is there? Didn't know that.
I was always brought up to appreciate people that help me. I have
posted multiple replies to:
a) speak personally to the kind people, (John Sandford, Chris J,
Bernard Veasey, John Balance, Steve Revill, Peter Young), who have
posted several replies to try and cure my woes;
and
b) provide direct information in the hope that I will not need to post
any further messages, (except a final thank you, of course).

'Invented issues'? Trust me, none of what I have posted here is
invented! I couldn't. I haven't created *any* new issues whatsoever. I
simply posted my first query and then replied to those that responded.
- Oops! Tell a lie, I *did* add a second query, because I forgot to
mention the UniServeFS problem in my original post. I saw no reason to
refrain from such an addition!

> So, now, please *STOP*.
 I'd be more likely to stop if, (with your ability), you produced a
cure for me rather than just waste both our times by sniping at me.

> Before you post further, relax, deep breath, and consider if
> it adds any new information before you press the send
> button yet again.
You obviously think that what I have posted frequently does not add
any further information. I would only partly concede that this is
true, and that is where I have taken the trouble, as I said above, to
reply personally to those who have taken the trouble to reply
personally to me. Around here we call it good manners.

Above, you said, (I quote) "please *STOP*" Reviewing this mailing list
has yet to become compulsory, so may I respectfully suggest that you
*STOP READING IT* if it bothers you so much.

> And then, think about what you're saying.
After six hours slogging away my mind's awash - I wish I had yours
instead.

> Give precise details, one problem at time, and not
> endless apologetic verbiage.  Please, for everyone's sake.
Peter, in spite of what I have said above, I have done my poor, but
best to give precise details. I can do no more. I have neither the
understanding nor capability. Help me, don't shout at me.

I honestly do understand and appreciate that protracted postings like
this can be exceedingly tiresome. Believe me, I heartily wish none of
it had been necessary - it was not at all what I had planned to do
this afternoon and evening.

So even though I am not one iota further on with my difficulties at,
(now - 8:40pm), than I was at 2:05pm, I offer a very sincere and
genuine apology to everyone on here who I may have upset or annoyed,
or just bored, with my postings.

--
Alex.