[iyonix-support] Re: Flashed it now, but ...

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 17:20:39 GMT

In message <1c4152e250.Orpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alex Cessford <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

>> * first of all, someone added that by hand - it doesn't look like anything
>>   which installing the official softload would have done
> That is very strange. I don't dare contradict your statement that
> someone has added that by hand, but who? Certainly not me - I have no
> idea about such things and would neither know to, or dare mess with
> stuff like this, and I am the only user of this machine.

Well these things don't get there and delivered by little pixies so
either you altered the file by hand , updated it by dropping someone's
else's altered file on it or clicked on an obey file that ran and
altered it for you.

Looking at emails on this list I can see correspondance involving you
and 514 softload issues on 11th June 2009 and you were given advice
about altering files to include the go514 information , so I assume
you did act upon that and that is how that line got out in your
predesk or you also had some correspondance on the 12th June stating
you had some discussions with CJE as well.

>> * secondly, the full line looks like it has been split over two lines - the
>>   RMEnsure line should be the _same_ line at the !Boot.Choices... bit!

> I'm not entirely clear about what you are referring to when you say
> 'both' the lines. I've deleted the REMEnsure line and the END line,
> (see amended copy attached). Have I got it right or not, please?

Looks OK apart from a |END and the bottom of the file but that is a
rem'd line anyway

Doug
--
Using an IYONIX pc and RISC OS 5.16, the thinking person's alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.