[iyonix-support] Re: Flashed it now, but ...

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:21:08 GMT

In message <efe365e250.dougjwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [snip]

> In message <979b61e250.Orpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Alex Cessford <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

>>> The flash of 516 went with out pain here as it has for many others
>>> though appreciate that you seem to have difficulties with it as well
>>> as the 514 softload in June 09 you had as well, so it seems that
>>> something is perhaps specific to your machine and !Boot function etc
>> That sounds very likely. Next question - what? How do I find out?

[snip]

Ultimate nuclear option is of course to use the !ResetBoot utility in
$.Utilities.Caution on your harddrive.

This resets everything back to normal so you loose all your
configuration but it does backup your existing choices directory with
!Boot but you will have to spend time re-installing/re-configuring
things

Suggest this is only used as a last resort if you can't get any
further using !Reporter to find the issue and i would also make a full
backup of !Boot just in case before using.

Doug
--
Using an IYONIX pc and RISC OS 5.16, the thinking person's alternative
operating system to Microsoft Windows.