[iyonix-support] Re: Flashed it now, but ...

  • From: Alex Cessford <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 19:42:11 GMT

In message <9cb95fe250.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 31 Jan 2010  "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Alex Cessford wrote:
>> [snip]

>> Please to do attach files of any type or size to mailing list posts.

> Typo for "please do not"? Please to do check your postings for
> coherence before sending them. :-)

>> If you want to make a file available for other people to view, put it
>> on your web space and post a link.

> Apart from arbitrary rules, not known to everyone, is there a real
> reason for not posting attachments to lists? I know it's not the
> custom, and many lists don't allow it, but this one does. Alex's
> attachments have given useful information to those who re trying to
> solve his problem, so my ignorant opinion is that they might well be
> allowed.

> If he doesn't have webspace, another way of sending the files is to
> copy them into his mail client. He's using MPro, so this would be easy
> to do.

> My 2p worth, anyway.

> With best wishes,

> Peter.
Thank you for these kind words of support, Peter. I am a gentle soul.
I may unintentionally annoy people, my technical ignorance, (and
self-confessed lack of interest in technical matters), may quite
understandably irritate technophiles, but I would never set out to
deliberately upset folk or knowingly flout rules for the sake it. I am
just a 65 year-old, intelligent, (degree-holding), harmless denizen of
the ether, pestering for and gratefully receiving, help with my
problems.

--
Alex.