[iyonix-support] Re: Flashed it now, but ...

  • From: Alex Cessford <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:04:03 GMT

In message <50e255469fchris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          cj <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think strictly you should have left the |End line, since it is the
> way the separate blocks are recognised when the file is edited by the
> configuration tool.
Ok, thanks for that. I've put it back now, and will re-boot in a
minute to see if that cures it.

> You did not actually answer the question posed by Bernard:

> I would say something in your !Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk
> has gone wrong before it reaches: !Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk.Configure
> Open the PreDesk folder and tell us what is there before 'Configure'.

> There is something in your predesk directory that is preventing the
> Configure directory being executed.
So now you can see my level of technical understanding!
Bernard said:"I would say something in your!Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk
has gone wrong" so I just took it literally - in the PreDesk(top)
file. Thank you again.

So attached is a screenshot of my PreDesk directory. None of the stuff
in there means anything to me, so I couldn't begin to guess what to
investigate. However, Bernard did also say: "and tell us what is there
before 'Configure'". Looking at the directory I can see its contents
but that doesn't indicate, (to me!), what comes *before* Configure, so
I've resorted to guessing/trying to use common-sense and also attached
my Desktop file for your inspection. I've scanned down its contents in
hope, but can't see anything meaningful - can you?

--
Alex.