[iyonix-support] Re: Flashed it now, but ...

  • From: Alex Cessford <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 19:55:16 GMT

In message <f34162e250.jms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <9cc95ae250.Orpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Alex Cessford <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<Snip>

> Two other items in Predesk that could be a problem are WimpSA I'm sure
> that should not be there and what is the ~SetupMineMap Obey file doing
> ?, (the items are multitasked so files after the Configure folder
> could be at fault)
Thanks again John for persisting with my problem.
I've now removed WimpSA.

I've dropped  ~SetupMineMap onto StrongED. Its contents are as
follows:
 | ensure the machine does have access to mimemappings
if "<Inet$MimeMappings>" = "" then set
Inet$MimeMappingsInetDBase:MimeMap

I don't understand what any of that is doing.

> Also on further consideration The UniprintFS error message is probably
> coming from !Printers as a result of !Uniprint not being run in
> predesk either.

> John
With no intention of being picky or pedantic, John, just accurate in
case it matters, the error message is not UniprintFS it is UniServeFS
Does that make any difference?
Whatever, I *do* understand what you are saying about !Printers
referring to Uniprint. What still puzzles me is that while !Printers
might well complain as you describe *after* I had temporarily removed
!Uniprint from Choices.Boot.PreDesk at your suggestion, why would it
so complain *before* I had shifted it - because it, (or something
else?), certainly did.

--
Alex.