[iyonix-support] Re: Flashed it now, but ...

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:38:25 +0100

<9cb95fe250.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dr Peter Young  wrote:

> Apart from arbitrary rules, not known to everyone, is there a real
> reason for not posting attachments to lists? I know it's not the
> custom, and many lists don't allow it, but this one does. Alex's
> attachments have given useful information to those who re trying to
> solve his problem, so my ignorant opinion is that they might well be
> allowed.

One good reason for not posting attachments to this or any other
mailing list is that it makes keeping archives very unwieldy. Keeping
several thousand text only emails is one thing. If many of them had
attachments it would increase the amount of storage space enormously,
and make backups and searches correspondingly longer.

Partly thanks to druck's vigilance this is a very well behaved list.
Let us keep it that way.

And.. so that I don't get told off for being OT please direct replies
, abuse, etc on this topic to me personally, not to the list:-)

John

--
Midland User Group - http://mug.riscos.org
Always fight the ZeitGeist.