Re: [artworks] Ideas for new version

  • From: Gavin Crawford <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:57:41 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4ea1120a67rkp@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Richard Partridge <rkp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip]

> - A great deal of what we do involves the use of a sprite as part of
> an Artworks document. Any chance of object linking and embedding, to
> allow modification of sprites without having to find their size and
> position each time (especially as I don't think there's a way of
> noting these and re-entering the numbers)?

Yes, yes, yes!
This is something I've asked for many times and it would be a fantastic
addition. I have to do edits and alterations to hundreds of sprites and
JPEGs within ArtWorks documents and OLE would be really big time saver.

> - We often have to produce separations for the printer, but PDF
> export of separations is not possible, though printer's marks can be
> set. Bitmap export of separations is possible, but not with printer's
> marks, and deep sprites don't separate. It would be good to get at
> least one system working fully.

Regarding PDF export: I'd like to see spot colours and overprinting
preserved in PDF export. The help file states that are likely to be
addressed in a later release of the PDF exporter, which would be good.

--
Gavin Crawford
email: gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx