Re: [artworks] Ideas for new version

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 18:25:42 +0100

In message <7cab10a24e.zen44412@xxxxxxxxx>
          Simon Smith <simon_smith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Rather than distinguishing between left and right shifting keys, I think I
> personally would prefer a distinction beteen the four arrow keys and the
> numpad arrow keys, if that's any easier to implement.

Quite to the contrary. Applications cannot distinguish between normal
arrow keys and those on the keypad without using special software such
as David Pilling's UKey module. Besides, the keypad keys have the
problem that they are only available with NumLock off.

> One other feature I would use if it was available - a maximum zoom of
> 10000%. However, I wouldn't be surprised to hear the current 4000% limit is
> for programmatic reasons, however.

Yes, of course the limit is there for a reason. As an aside, the Draw
application only allows 800%.