Re: [artworks] Ideas for new version

  • From: Michael Gerbracht <smartmails@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 11:00:46 +0100

On 07 Jan, <rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What I would like to see in a future version of ArtWorks is improved
> "nudge" capability, similar to the function provided in Xara.

Do I understand it right that this is a function to move around objects on
the page? Don't know the Xara funktion.

> Xara supports the following:-

> O  choice: Set nudge distance

> A  dist x 1           up,down,left,right arrow
> B       x 5           Ctrl + arrow
> C       x 10          Shift + arrow
> E       x 1/5         Ctrl + Shift + arrow
> F  1 pixel            Alt + arrow
> G  5 pixels           Alt + Shift + arrow

If so I would like to suggest something in the same direction. I would like
to see a dependece of the move distance from the view scale of the document.
So I would expect that when I zoom into some area of the document that the
object is moved in smaller steps than at 100%.

Michael