Re: [artworks] Ideas for new version

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 13:20:30 +0100

In message <4c1b6ea24e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <20d73aa24e.jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> If I may have a second go!
>> I would like the Clipboard support improved for text objects.
> Would it not be a little daft if ArtWorks went to the trouble of
> asking you whether you want to put the text on its text clipboard and
> then did not provide a way to paste it into a text area from there?
> Have you never thought of trying Ctrl-V with the caret located in a
> text area?  -  Martin

Well I hadn't:) - RISC OS clipboard support in general is so
inconsistent that I rely on menus to indicate what is possible. In
this case Artworks might be improved by adding a menu entry to
indicate that something was available to be pasted.

So although it is good to know that I can get plain text into a text
area,  I still don't know how to:
 a) get text with effects into the text area from another app.
 b) get text out of a text area into another app
   (with or without effects)
 c) get text from an ArtWorks text object into an AW text area
 d) get text from an ArtWorks text area into an ArtWorks text object.

These are all obvious items for clipboard actions.

John

--
John Rickman - writing from A9home machine
http://rickman.orpheusweb.co.uk