Re: [artworks] Ideas for new version

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 10:53:20 +0100

In message <4ea22a78e5asg@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Burt <asg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A much larger page size say 10 or 20 metres

Sorry, no. The current limits are there for a reason. How would you
print a file of the above dimensions?

> Import for other file types CDR, later Ai, EPS, SVG

It is highly unlikely that ArtWorks will ever be updated for import or
export of any closed file formats, so there is no chance for CDR. AI
and other proprietory EPS formats are unlikely, too. There are just
too many of them - doing all of them would be impossible and picking
one would not really help. We will struggle to keep up with open
formats, so there is no way we will ever get beyond them.

I do realize that our import capabilities have been left behind. So,
SVG import is a possibility and even PDF import might be possible.

> Export for later CDR

As above. Besides, later versions of CorelDraw (11) can import SVG, so
what would be the advantage of having CDR export?

> Able to select multiply nodes by drawing a box with select using the mouse
> rather than clicking adjust on each node, to simplyfi a trace with too many
> nodes.

Finally an easy request: Added in 2005. :-) Have a look at the
"Anchors" option in the Selector tool.