[artworks] Ideas for new version

  • From: Richard Partridge <rkp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 18:40:31 +0000 (GMT)

Thank you very much, Martin, for v2.63. You ask for thoughts for the
next version, so here are some improvements which would help me (and
my wife, who uses it more than I do):

- The grid is currently placed at the back, and so is no use if a
solid object is in front of it (e.g., a page background). Could there
be at least an option for it to be in front of everything?

- It would be good to have an option to make all handles visible when
editing a shape, to help produce symmetrical objects.

- A great deal of what we do involves the use of a sprite as part of
an Artworks document. Any chance of object linking and embedding, to
allow modification of sprites without having to find their size and
position each time (especially as I don't think there's a way of
noting these and re-entering the numbers)?

- We often have to produce separations for the printer, but PDF
export of separations is not possible, though printer's marks can be
set. Bitmap export of separations is possible, but not with printer's
marks, and deep sprites don't separate. It would be good to get at
least one system working fully.

- Graduated transparency would be even more useful if it could be
rectangular, to produce a soft edge to (e.g.) a sprite or a
semi-transparent text box. Or is there a way of doing this which I've
missed?

Many thanks for all your work. I look forward to parting with my
money as soon as you have another upgrade ready!

Regards,

Richard Partridge.

--
Richard Partridge