[Wittrs] Re: Understanding Dualism

  • From: "iro3isdx" <xznwrjnk-evca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 02:54:17 -0000

--- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "SWM" <SWMirsky@...> wrote:

> SWM:
> I was making the point that if you define consciousness as
> needing intentionality and intentionality as what's needed to have
> consciousness you haven't taken us to any new understanding of the
> issue or given us a conclusion that was not already evident. For
> the argument to be of use, we need to learn something we didn't
> explicitly know before.

I surely don't know what you think you are replying to.  It seems  that
you must have completely misunderstood my post.

> SWM:
> What "critical" elements are left out and can you say why these
> ARE critical?

I already gave details in a previous post - the one that you seem  to
have completely misunderstood.

I guess I'll stop posting in this thread to avoid further confusing  the
issues.

Regards,
Neil