[citw150] CITW 150 L3 Q5

  • From: Alvaro Rios <alviously@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 19:20:21 -0700 (PDT)

    The societal issue that I looked into and chose to discuss is use of the
FBI's computerized program Carnivore to monitor personal messages and accounts
on the internet.  I personally feel that this is a gross violation of a United
States citizens right to privacy and that it infringes upon basic civil rights
set forth in our constitution.  With recent events leading to mass panic and
fear over terrorist activities, this infringement by government organizations
has only increased. We live in a demorcarcy to avoid having a governemt with
too much power that takes away the rights from its citizens. For more
information visit, http://www.crypto.com/papers/opentap.html
  Alvaro Rios

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.