[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L3 Q5

  • From: TeAnna0713@xxxxxxx
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:59:13 EST

In a message dated 2/14/2006 7:55:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kat_badkitty@xxxxxxxxx writes:

This happened to me recently with my financial institution.  It can  be very
scary when the business that handles your money tells you that there  has been
a scam.  Luckily I was never the recipient of the original  email, but did
get the warning letter from my bank.  Any email that  questions my password or
any other private information, I always question the  company it concerns.

~Katrina Krevinghaus

melinda caveney <mcaveney48@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

1)       Phishing attacks happen to small and large  financial institutions
alike.  I  work at a local credit union and we have had four phishing attacks
already  this year!  Once people receive  the fake emails they usually will
send us a copy to alert us to  the attack.  Then our  information systems
department works to locate the site that has been hacked  and is being used to
send
out the emails or being used to collect any  information received.  Once the
site is found we contact the company that it belongs to and inform them that
is has been compromised.   Usually at this point the company will take the site
down so that  they are able to remove any viruses or unauthorized access
codes.   Below you will find a copy  of my works latest phishing attack,
however
the links will no  longer work because the hosting company has cleaned up the
site.
Every time we experience a phishing scam  there is a warning placed on our
web site in hopes that people who receive  the email will check our web site to
verify authenticity of any emails they  receive from us.  For more
information on phishing scams you can visit
_http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-phishing-scam.htm_
(http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-phishing-scam.htm)   and to see a
list of recent phishing attacks _http://www.antiphishing.org/_
(http://www.antiphishing.org/)  is very  useful.

Dear Credit Union Member,

Cyprus  Credit Union is devoted to keeping a safe environment for its
community of  consumers and producers. To guarantee the safety of your ac
count,
Credit  Union deploys some of the most advanced security measures in the world
and
 our anti-fraud units regularly screen the Credit Union database for
suspicious activity.

We recently have discovered that multiple  computers have attempted to log
into your Credit Union Online Banking  account, and multiple password failures
were presented before the logons. We  now require you to re-validate your
account information to us. If this is  not completed by February 31, 2006, we
will
be forced to suspend your  account indefinitely, as it may have been used for
fraudulent purposes. We  thank you for your cooperation in this manner.

In order to confirm  your Online Bank records, we may require some specific
information from you.

Please _Click Here_ (http://www.patok.cz/images/contact/lafcu/index.htm)  or
on the link below to verify your account

_http://www.lafcu.com/verification/update/  _
(http://www.patok.cz/images/contact/lafcu/index.htm)

Thank you for  your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that
this is a  security measure meant to help protect you and your account.

We  apologize for any inconvenience.

If you choose to ignore our  request, you leave us no choice but to temporary
suspend your account.

Credit Union Security  Team

Meli nda Harris Caveney
"A witty saying proves nothing." -- Voltaire
mcaveney48@xxxxxxxxx

 Yahoo! Mail
_Use  Photomail_
(http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=38867/*http://photomail.mail.yahoo.com)
  to share photos without a nnoying  attachments.

I have received one of these from someone claiming to be  paypal, and they
said someone was trying to use my account and that they needed  my credit card
number or my account would be suspended.

TeAnna Taphouse