[citw150] CITW 150 L3 Q5

  • From: Bad Kitty <kat_badkitty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Listserv <citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:49:35 -0800 (PST)

One of the societal issues I found interesting is Stalking.  I had never really
thought of this as an issue before because the internet allows people to be
impersonal.  Unfortunately, it doesn't matter.  If someone wants to know more
about you they can find it, and can track where you are on the web, and
sometimes (even scarier thought) stalk you in real life after finding you
online.

  I think people have really let their guard down online because sites say they
are secure or people think whoever they are talking to could never find out who
they really are.  This is usually how people get stalked online.  They start to
think they are safe from harm, when this is never the case with the internet,
or at least is not yet.  You have to constantly be aware of your activities on
the internet and what information may be passed to others.

  WiredPatrol has listed many questions and answers concerning "cyberstalking"
here:
http://www.wiredsafety.org/cyberstalking_harassment/cyberstalking_qanda.html

~Katrina

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough
people ot make it worth the effort."  -- Herm Albright

kat_badkitty@xxxxxxxxx