[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L3 Q5

  • From: Sean M <mckinls2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:53:31 -0800 (PST)

Very Interesting I never had thought of that...

Dustin Farhat <df5216@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  I chose the issue of the so called
blogging or chatting. I have recently watched a show that hit very hard home.
It is about this web site called myspace.com, now i know if you are above 18
its not a big deal because you are considered an adult. But this report i watch
on 60 minutes was about online predators preying on young boys and girls who
put there profiles and pictures on the internet thinking that its just for fun.
Wel 60 minutes caught 5 or 6 men in one night who actually were convicted sex
offenders to respond and come over to a boys (or so they thought) house. This
is really scary for me because my girlfriends sister used that site along with
all of her firends. And they all had pictures and profiles of themselves on it,
not only are they too young to really understand the concept of the situation,
but they are still very impressionable so they could be talking to someone who
they thought was their friend whom they met onlin
 e but it
 could be a 54 year old sex offen der waiting for an opportunity to strike. I
taped the program that night and showed it to her and 2 of her friends. The i
watched them immediatley go on that site and delete everything. It mad me feel
a little better knowing that, that is one less way for sick people to get tp
these 3 young girls, but there are still so many out there. Parents please, if
you know you child has something on myspace.com check the web site out
thoughouly and you will be suprised what your child has access to in terms of
pictures, chatting and so forth. Check this website out if you want to find out
more. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11064451/

  Dustin Farhat df5216@xxxxxxxxx

       "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
                                           - Michael Jordan

  Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new
and used cars.

 Yahoo! Mail