[citw150] CITW 150 L3 Q5

  • From: Sean M <mckinls2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 11:16:41 -0800 (PST)

I choose to do my topic on file sharing.  File sharing is something that has
revolunitionized the way people get not only music but movies and many other
things.  Programs such as napster, kazza, lime wire, bear share, ect... allow
anyone to hook up with millions of people and trade files.  Although in recent
years artists have put up a big fuss about downloading music I don?t think it
is a big deal.  These people still have consumers buying there albums and they
make millions of dollars a year.  If I really wanted to I could sit by my
stereo and wait for a song I like to come on and then record it to a tape, this
is no different.  I think people should have the right to share what ever they
would like to share with each other.  Now from the artists stand point I could
see why they are a little upset, but they are still paying the bills and
putting food on the table aren?t they?  Also study's have been done that prove
file sharing for the music industries is a good thing, it
 promotes
 record sales.  If you would like to read more about this you can go to the
following link.
  http://www.astonisher.com/skinny/skinny_riaa.html
  .
  .
  .
  .

Sean P. McKinley

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something
else is more important than fear."  ~Ambrose Redmoon

mckinls2@xxxxxxxxx