[citw150] CITW 150 L3 Q5

  • From: Jake Riley <msukid1320@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Listserv <citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:29:13 -0800 (PST)

The url I used is : http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4073159/

  I have chosen internet fraud, particularly online auction frauds as my
problem. Online auction sites such as EBay have brought about many people who
try and scam others with fake or cheap merchandise. This link above takes you
to a story of people who were victims in a Chinese antique furniture scam on
EBay. I have also recently seen a report on HBO's Real Sports, which talked
about a huge problem with fraudulent sports autographs. The report found
thousands of autographed memorabilia from all kinds of athletes and stars which
when looked at by experts was ruled fakes. It is a growing problem that will
force consumers to be more vigilant when bidding on an online auction.

  Jake

  "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."