[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L3 Q5

  • From: Angela Thelen <boys32.boys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:43:52 -0800 (PST)

I agree that people should be able to share anything that they want to with
each other.
  I can see where an artist would be upset, yet they are still making millions
as you said and doing very well. It does promote their music to a broad range
of people also. It might even spur some people to go and actually buy the whole
album from the store.

Sean M <mckinls2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    I choose to do my topic on file sharing.  File sharing is something that
has revolunitionized the way people get not only music but movies and many
other things.  Programs such as napster, kazza, lime wire, bear share, ect...
allow anyone to hook up with millions of people and trade files.  Although in
recent years artists have put up a big fuss about downloading music I don?t
think it is a big deal.  These people still have consumers buying there albums
and they make millions of dollars a year.  If I really wanted to I could sit by
my stereo and wait for a song I like to come on and then record it to a tape,
this is no different.  I think people should have the right to share what ever
they would like to share with each other.  Now from the artists stand point I
could see why they are a little upset, but they are still paying the bills and
put ting food on the table aren?t they?  Also study's have been done that prove
file sharing for the music industries is a good thing
 , it
 promotes record sales.  If you would like to read more about this you can go
to the following link.
  http://www.astonisher.com/skinny/skinny_riaa.html
  .
  .
  .
  .

Sean P. McKinley

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something
else is more important than fear." ~Ambrose Redmoon

mckinls2@xxxxxxxxx